192.168.1.254 is a private IP address assigned as the default IP address in the hardware settings of the routers to access the admin panel of the routers. Just like any other private IP address, this IP address can be assigned to one device at a time on a private network and is used to manage the internal settings of the router and you can use 192.168.1.254 to access the settings of the router.
How to login to 192.168.1.254?
Follow these steps to log in to 192.168.1.254 –
- Open your browser and in the address bar type: http://192.168.1.254 or 192.168.1.254.
- Press Enter.
- A login page will appear.
- Enter the username and password of the router’s admin panel.
- You will be now logged in into the admin panel of your router.
- In case you’re not able to find or access the admin panel of your router at 192.168.1.254, it may be that the manufacturer may have configured the router to use a different IP address as the default login address. Try looking for the exact gateway address for your router and then try again.
- If you’re connected to the network through Wi-Fi then try using an Ethernet Cable to connect to the router, as sometimes the issue appears when you’re not connected to the router using an ethernet cable.