192.168.l0.1 – 192.168.10.1 is the default IP address used by router companies such as PTCL, TP-Link, D-Link to access the admin panel settings.
Such IP addresses are generally called Default Gateway IP Address and many people are unaware of their Router IP address because most of the router setup process is done by a technician. However, you can easily find out your router IP address and then make the required settings to your router. You can configure everything from the SSID and password of your wireless network to LAN, WAN, Proxy Settings, etc from the admin interface.
How to login to 192.168.10.1?
You can easily log in to the admin interface of your router/modem if you know the router IP address or default gateway IP. If 192.168.10.1 is the default gateway IP for your router then you can login to the admin interface of your router by following these steps.
- Connect to your router’s network either wirelessly or using an ethernet cable.
- Once connected to the network, open a web browser on your PC.
- In the address bar, type 192.168.10.1 or http://192.168.10.1 and press Enter.
- A login page will appear, asking you to enter the login username and password to continue. (You can find the login username and password on the manual guide of the router or search for it over the internet.)
- Enter the login username and password to log in.
- Once logged in, you will be able to manage every setting from the admin interface.
Tip: A lot of users type 192.168.l0.1 or http://192.168.l0.1 to gain access to the admin panel however it is an invalid IP address. A valid IP consists only of numbers, not letters. You may notice there is an “O” instead of zero.
How to change Network Name and Password through 192.168.10.1?
You can easily change the SSID and password of your wireless network through the admin interface of your router. Once you login to the admin interface using 192.168.10.1, you will be able to change the SSID & password and set it as you want to. The process is simple & easy and usually takes just a few minutes. Here is how you can do so:
- Log in to the admin interface of the router using the aforementioned.
- Once logged in, go to Home > Wireless > Security. (The exact same navigation may differ for your router but you would find these settings in the Wireless section.)
- Scroll down and look for Network Name/SSID. Enter your new SSID in the given field.
- To change the password, select the encryption protocol for your wireless network, (WPA3 or WPA2 recommended) and enter your new password in the WPA Passphrase field.
- Click on Apply/Save to confirm the changes.
How to factory reset to default settings?
If you had changed the login password for 192.168.10.1 and forgot it then you can easily regain access to the admin interface. The login password is very important and without it, you won’t be able to login to the admin interface. However, you can easily reset the login password and login to the admin interface using the default login username and password.
Here is how you can reset your login password and regain access to the admin interface of the router:
- Take a sharp, pointed object such as a toothpick or a paperclip.
- On the back of your router, you will find a hidden reset button. Press and hold that button using a paperclip or toothpick for 10-15 seconds and after that, let it go.
- The router lights will blink and the router will reboot. After it reboots, everything will be revert back to the factory default including any changed password.
- You can log in to the admin interface using the default username and password.