192.168.1.1 is a local IP address that is used to access the admin panel. 192.168.l.l is set by routers and modem company as the default gateway to access the Admin Panel of the router from where you can change default settings of your router including LAN, WLAN, Proxy, DSL, and different settings.
How to Login to 192.168.1.1?
To login into 192.168.1.1, follow these steps:
- Connect to your router’s network.
- Open a web browser,
- Type http://192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- A login page will appear asking to enter the username and password.
- Enter the default username and password for the Admin Panel.
- You will be now logged in into the admin panel of your router.
- You can configure your router settings from there.
Forgot IP Address Username and Password?
If you have forgotten the username and/or password for 192.168.1.1 login page or don’t know the username and password then you should;
- If you just bought a new router and don’t know the default username and password then you should check the packaging label for username and password which is usually located next to the router’s serial number. You can also check the manual too.
- If you had changed the password and have forgotten it then you should perform a factory reset on your router which will reset everything to the factory settings.
How to factory reset your router?
- Look for a small hidden button on the back of the Router. (It is usually labeled as reset)
- Press and hold the small button for 10-15 seconds using a pointy object such as a paper clip or a toothpick
- All of the settings will be changed to the defaults.
- You can then log in using the default username and password.