Generally 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.1 are the most common IP address to login to router admin panel. However if either of them are not working then here’s a guide to find out the default router IP address for your device:
If you are a Windows user, then the procedure is easy for you. Within a minute you will be able to find out the Router IP Address. To find the Router IP Address on Windows, follow these easy steps given:
- Open the Command Prompt either from the search bar by typing “cmd” or from the Start Menu > Windows System > Command Prompt.
- Once Command Prompt opens up, type ipconfig and press Enter.
- Different results will be displayed on the Command Prompt Windows. The address next to the Default Gateway will be your Router IP Address.
The procedure for finding the default Router IP Address is a bit complex than Windows, although it isn’t very difficult. Follow these steps to find out the Router IP Address on macOS.
- Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Network (icon).
- Choose the connection to which you’re currently connected to.
- Click on Advanced button.
- Now, click on TCP/IP tab and you will be able to see the Router IP Address.
Alternatively, you can also use the Terminal app to find out the Router IP Address.
- Open the Terminal app from the Utilities.
- In the terminal window, type netstat–nr | grep default.
- Results will show up and you can find your Router IP Address next to Gateway option.
For Android devices, you can use a third-party app to find out the default Router IP Address. However, for higher versions of Android, (7.0 and up), you can find out the IP Address directly from your device.
To do that,
- Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the Configure button.
- Your Router IP Address will be shown next to the IP address label.
For iOS devices, follow these steps to find out the Router IP Address.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Select the network that you’re currently connected to.
- Click on Static tab.
- You can find your router’s IP Address there.
To find the IP Address on Linux, follow these steps:
- Go to Applications > System Tools > Terminal.
- Once the Terminal window opens up, type ipconfig.
- You can find your Router IP Address next to the default gateway address from the results.
If you have forgotten the username and/or password for your router’s admin panel, then here is what you should do –
Most people don’t even know the default username and password for their router. This is the easiest thing to do, just enter the default username and password and you will be able to login into the Admin Panel of your router.
You can easily find the default username and password on the box in which router came or on the label of the router or on the documentation that came along with it!
If you don’t have the documentation or box of the router or can’t find it on the label of the router then you can have a look at our list of the default username and password for different routers.
Continue reading “Recover Username and Password”
192.168.1.1 is a local IP address that is used to access the admin panel. 192.168.l.l is set by routers and modem company as the default gateway to access the Admin Panel of the router from where you can change default settings of your router including LAN, WLAN, Proxy, DSL, and different settings.
How to Login to 192.168.1.1?
To login into 192.168.1.1, follow these steps:
- Connect to your router’s network.
- Open a web browser,
- Type http://192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- A login page will appear asking to enter the username and password.
- Enter the default username and password for the Admin Panel.
- You will be now logged in into the admin panel of your router.
- You can configure your router settings from there.
Forgot IP Address Username and Password?
If you have forgotten the username and/or password for 192.168.1.1 login page or don’t know the username and password then you should;
- If you just bought a new router and don’t know the default username and password then you should check the packaging label for username and password which is usually located next to the router’s serial number. You can also check the manual too.
- If you had changed the password and have forgotten it then you should perform a factory reset on your router which will reset everything to the factory settings.
How to factory reset your router?
- Look for a small hidden button on the back of the Router. (It is usually labeled as reset)
- Press and hold the small button for 10-15 seconds using a pointy object such as a paper clip or a toothpick
- All of the settings will be changed to the defaults.
- You can then log in using the default username and password.