If you want to change the default router WiFi password then follow this step-by-step guide.
- Login to Router admin panel using its default IP Address – 192.168.0.1 / 192.168.1.1.
- Enter the default username and password (admin/admin in most cases).
- Navigate to Wireless > Wireless Security > WPA/WPA2 – Personal (Recommended) > Password .
- Enter your preferred password and Save the change.
- Login to your router settings page via its default IP Address – 192.168.1.1 / 192.168.0.1.
- Input your username and password (or here’s list of default username and password).
- Go to Wireless > Wireless Security > Security Mode set to WPA2 only > Pre-Shared Key: enter your preferred password.
- Apply the change > restart your WiFi and the new password will be applied.
- Open your router setup page using its default IP address – 192.168.1.1 / 192.168.0.1 / http://routerlogin.com/.
- For authentication enter default username and password.
- Go to Wireless > Security Options > Select WPA2-PSK [AES] > Now enter your preferred password in Passphrase.
- Apply chances and reboot your WiFi for changes to effect.
Setting up a NETGEAR Router is very easy and once you have got the router and are connected to it, configuring the router is just a few minutes away. You can follow this quick guide to easily set up your NETGEAR Router.
- Plugin the ethernet cable at back of your NETGEAR router and power it on.
- Now connect to internet over WiFi and open your web browser and head over to http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net.
- A login page will appear. Enter the default username and password. The default username is admin and the default password is password.
- Once you log in, go to Internet from menu > Setup Wizard > New Connection and follow the NETGEAR Genie to configure your router.
- If “PPPoE DSL Internet Connection Detected” then ask your ISP for the Username and Password.
- Once your router is configured then internet connection status will turn GOOD.
- Now visit the Wireless section to configure your Wi-Fi Network.
- Select an SSID (name) for your Wi-Fi Network and select a suitable password under Security Options (WPA2-PSK) Passphrase:
- Apply the changes and you’re now all done setting up your NETGEAR Router.
D-Link Router can be configured in just a few minutes and once you have configured the router and set it up, your Wi-Fi connection will set up and you will be able to connect to the internet through your D-Link Router.
Before proceeding, make sure the ethernet cable is attached to modem or an active data jack to the ethernet port in back of your router.
Follow these steps to set up your D-Link Router –
- Power on your D-Link Router.
- Connect your PC to the router using an Ethernet Cable or WiFi.
- Once your PC is connected, open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 (The default gateway address may vary from model to model, here is list of default router IP address).
- A login page will appear. The default username is admin and the password field is to be left blank. Click on Log In.
- Now, you can configure and set up your router using the Internet Connection Setup Wizard.
- Under Wireless Setup enter SSID (WiFi Name) and Key (Password).
- Under WAN Setup choose Connect type: DHCP/PPPoE/Static (You can ask your ISP about your internet connection and the required details).
- After you have configured your internet connection, you can then click on Save and Connect and the router will now connect to the Internet.
- You can then visit the Wireless Settings and set up your Wi-Fi Network including its SSID and password.
If you have bought a new TP-Link Router, then configuring the router and setting it up is really easy. You can easily set up your new WP-Link Wi-Fi router and will be able to use it.
Note: To connect to the internet, the router must be connected to an active modem or data jack
Follow this guide to set up your new TP-Link Router –
- Power on the router and connect your PC to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Once connected, open a web browser and head over to 192.168.0.1 or www.tplinkwifi.net.
- Set your router login password by entering it twice. It is preferred to keep it simply – “admin“.
- Click on Let’s Get Started/Login.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and configure your Internet and Wireless Network using the Quick Setup option.
- Enter the name (SSID) for your Wireless Network in the given field and also, set a password to secure your Wi-Fi network.
- Now, you can finish the process, after which you will be able to join the Wireless Connection with the SSID using your password.
Generally 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.1 are the most common IP address to login to router admin panel. However if either of them are not working then here’s a guide to find out the default router IP address for your device:
If you are a Windows user, then the procedure is easy for you. Within a minute you will be able to find out the Router IP Address. To find the Router IP Address on Windows, follow these easy steps given:
- Open the Command Prompt either from the search bar by typing “cmd” or from the Start Menu > Windows System > Command Prompt.
- Once Command Prompt opens up, type ipconfig and press Enter.
- Different results will be displayed on the Command Prompt Windows. The address next to the Default Gateway will be your Router IP Address.
The procedure for finding the default Router IP Address is a bit complex than Windows, although it isn’t very difficult. Follow these steps to find out the Router IP Address on macOS.
- Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Network (icon).
- Choose the connection to which you’re currently connected to.
- Click on Advanced button.
- Now, click on TCP/IP tab and you will be able to see the Router IP Address.
Alternatively, you can also use the Terminal app to find out the Router IP Address.
- Open the Terminal app from the Utilities.
- In the terminal window, type netstat–nr | grep default.
- Results will show up and you can find your Router IP Address next to Gateway option.
For Android devices, you can use a third-party app to find out the default Router IP Address. However, for higher versions of Android, (7.0 and up), you can find out the IP Address directly from your device.
To do that,
- Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the Configure button.
- Your Router IP Address will be shown next to the IP address label.
For iOS devices, follow these steps to find out the Router IP Address.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Select the network that you’re currently connected to.
- Click on Static tab.
- You can find your router’s IP Address there.
To find the IP Address on Linux, follow these steps:
- Go to Applications > System Tools > Terminal.
- Once the Terminal window opens up, type ipconfig.
- You can find your Router IP Address next to the default gateway address from the results.
If you have forgotten the username and/or password for your router’s admin panel, then here is what you should do –
Most people don’t even know the default username and password for their router. This is the easiest thing to do, just enter the default username and password and you will be able to login into the Admin Panel of your router.
You can easily find the default username and password on the box in which router came or on the label of the router or on the documentation that came along with it!
If you don’t have the documentation or box of the router or can’t find it on the label of the router then you can have a look at our list of the default username and password for different routers.
Continue reading “Recover Username and Password” →